Are you looking for -
- A practical offsite activity that will both build teamwork and give your team skills they can directly apply to their work?
- Ways to break up your knowledge silos and encourage your team to share knowledge more freely?
- An introduction to pair programming that conveys not just the mechanics, but the joy of pairing?
Introduction to Pairing was designed for you! Over our half-day workshop, we walk engineering teams through pairing techniques, offer strategies for navigating common failure modes, and equip teams with new tools for increasing their collaboration and communication.
- Understand the benefits of pairing, when to (or not to) pair
- Hands-on practice with several different pairing techniques
- Learn to troubleshoot common pairing problems
- Resources for continued practice
Expectations for attendees:
- No prior knowledge or experience with pairing required - only an open mind and interest in pairing
- Attendees should bring a laptop with a developer environment set up
- Optional: bring external keyboards / mice / trackpads / monitors